Advisor: Señor Nava
Capítulo Ellen Ochoa
The Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica was established in 2008. The name of the Academy's chapter is "Ellen Ochoa". The Spanish Honor Society (SHS) recognizes the highest achievers of the Spanish language. Students must have studied Spanish for at least 2 years at the Academy, and continue his/her studies in the Spanish language in the future. Induction takes place annually in the spring. Once selected and inducted, SHS members partake in a community service project.
Presidenta: Tanvi Banota
1. All candidates must complete at least 2 consecutive years of Spanish at the Academy.
2. Sophomore candidates must have a cumulative average in all Spanish classes since 9th grade of an "A+" (98 or above and have always received at least a 92 “A” each making period) at the time of candidacy, and must be enrolled in Spanish III for his or her Junior year.
3. Junior candidates must have a cumulative average in Spanish of an "A" (94 or above and can’t have received less than a 92 per marking period) at the time of candidacy.
4. Senior candidates must be enrolled in the Spanish AP class at the Academy and must have at least a 92 "A" at the time of candidacy and must have received at least a 92 in Spanish III.
5. All candidates must be in good academic standing in all classes to be considered.
6. Candidates who take the National Spanish Exam (NSE) and achieve Gold level will be automatically considered.
7. All members must participate in a community service event.