CLASSROOM RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
1. Students must report to class on time otherwise 25 points will be taken off
for their DO NOW grade as well as 5 points will be taken off Class Participation Grade
and will be reported as LATE to attendance. (only a written pass from a teacher will excuse you.)
Please note that the Do-Now has to be attempted in order to get credit.
2. Be in assigned seat when bell rings.
3. Be prepared for class daily , with pencils and assignments.
4. You are expected to treat all teachers, students and visitors with respect.
5. Insubordination will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave the room if you are unable to
6. Students are responsible for making up missed assignments from excused absences.
( You have 2 weeks to make-up work)Make -up work is in the make-up folders in the front of the classroom.
7. Use of cell-phones or any electronic device is not permitted in class.
8. No hats, food, drink, candy or gum is allowed in the classroom.9. Do not distract others.10. NO foul language.11. If you have to stay in shop for any reason during math class time, you must get a signed pass fromyour shop instructor and have it signed by the math instructorprior to math class time.Failure to do so will result in a zero!12. If you are unhappy about something, you can always speak with the instructor. Many problemscan be easily resolved with communication. That goes for parents/guardians too!!Please don’t hesitate to call/email. I will get back to you within a 24 hr. period.SAFETY REGULATIONS:FIRE ALARM: Leave your work on the desk.Stay with instructor and quickly walk outside according to the FIRE PLAN. See instructor at designated area for attendance.
You will receive a daily assignment and you will be graded. Assignments will begin as classwork and will be completed as homework unless its a double period or I give you other directions. Homework is due the next day during your class period, unless I give other directions for a due-date.
You will receive partial credit for late work!You will receive a ZERO for any assignment not accepted or handed in. If you have an excused absence the day the work is due, you may turn it in the day you return, for credit. If you have an EXCUSED ABSENCE ,you will be given a due date to complete your assignment for credit. For an UNEXCUSED ABSENCE, work cannot be made up! It is counted as a zero !!! Quizzes and tests will be completed in class only.
Grade breakdown is as follows :
15% ---------------- Homework25 % -----------------Classwork
Students would be working on a Review Sheet every Thursday for a Quiz/Test every Friday.
There will be a Quiz/Test every Friday, unless we do not finish working
on the section/chapter we were supposed to for that particular week.
A Final Exam is given and counts as a Fifth Marking Level.(A- , A, A+) 90 to 100% Excellent ; (B- , B, B+) 80 to 89% Good
(C-, C ,C+) 70 to 79% Average ; D- 65% to 69% Below AverageF –below 65%Failure I- Incomplete; All Makeup work is due on or before the last day of each Marking Period.
Minimum Grade =50% for each marking period.