English 12th grade Mrs. Dombrowsky
The English 12 program continues to assist students to develop higher level language arts skills. This course will survey world literature and include reading selections of short stories, essays, poems and plays. Vocabulary, grammar and improving writing skills are also emphasized. Students will also require communication skills necessary to be successful in their career majors.
Tests and quizzes: There will be 7-9 quizzes and 2-3 tests each marking period. Periodically there will be projects that will count as a test or quiz grades.
All tests will be announced.
Homework is given a few times a week. When there is no written homework students should go over the material we have been covering. Half credit will be given to homework handed in late and you will earn one grade lower for each day a project is late. Exceptions will be made for extreme cases.
1. Respectfully communicate with everyone (verbally and nonverbally)
2. Be on time for class, which means being in your seat with your book, notebook, and a writing utensil when the bell rings.
3. No electronic devices visible or auditory
4. Dress appropriately for an academic class (no excess of skin showing)
5. Follow the policies set up in the student handbook and policy addition from the Board of Education.
6. Retests or quizzes are allowed after an honest attempt has been made. (Teacher’s judgment)
7. Any missed assignments due to a cut (absent from class without the instructors permission) may not be made up.
8. Rules may be added for individuals or classes that need them.
Extra help is available for any student who wants to avail him/herself to it. I am available before school, 3rd period, during lunch (4B), 8th period and after school. Ask and we will create a time that works for you and me.
Parents or students may contact me at email@example.com or call the school. I am available for phone calls most days between 8 and 8:30 and 2:45-3:45. Also, grades are available through Genesis. Grades will be updated at least on a weekly basis.