PROJECT LAW ESSAY CONTEST
- Newburgh v. Arrigo, 88 N.J. 529 (1982): Complete text of the case.
- I suggest you only read the introduction up to Roman Numeral I, then read Roman Numeral IV up to the concurring opinion of Justice Pashman. The rest of the case concerns legal issues that are not a part of this essay contest
- New Jersey 1947 State Constitution: Complete text of our State Constitution
- The part we are interested in is Article I, Paragraph 1.
- Caselaw on equal protection rights under N.J. Constitution
- Fourteen Amendment to the U.S. Constituion: Complete text of the amendment.
- For purposes of this essay we are interested in the equal protection clause, which is the last sentence in Section 1 of the Amendment.
- Equal Protection Overview: A brief overview of the meaning of the 14th amendment's equal protection clause.
- Concentrate on the issue of whether it is fair to create two classes: divorced parents and non-divorced parents and treat each class differently.
- Articles on Caitlyn Ricci case: Links to articles discussing the Ricci ruling
- N.J. tuition lawsuit heads to new courtroom venue Philly.com, December 24, 2014